NextStep Nonprofit LLC orients and educates your development team of board, staff and volunteers using our Healthy & Holistic Approach to Nonprofit Development. We consider how your Culture, Brand, Impact, Resources & Board work together for your fundraising success.
NextStep Nonprofit LLC helps you put in place a strategic fundraising plan to capitalize on your organization’s development strengths and to build development capacity where you need it.
- You have a newly formed board of directors, fundraising subcommittee or other fundraising team and your team needs motivation, information and alignment.
- You want to take a comprehensive look at your development methodology.
- Your organization is stuck in a fundraising rut and you need an infusion of new energy and new ideas.
Step 1: Healthy & Holistic Development & Marketing Assessment
- Healthy & Holistic Approach to Nonprofit Development Model Presentation: We provide your team with a 1-3 hour informative and engaging presentation and workshop session so that you all have a shared, holistic framework to analyze your organization's development and marketing landscape.
- Client Self Assessment Survey Analysis: After the presentation, your team members each complete a self assessment survey and we compile and analyze your responses to reflect back your view of your strengths and growth opportunities.
- Development & Marketing Review: We conduct a review your development and marketing materials to aid in our assessment. These can include your website, social media posts, grant applications and more.
- Assessment Report Preparation: We compile all this information into an assessment report which helps you celebrate those areas where your development and marketing landscape is strong and where you have growth opportunities.
- Broadened & more holistic understanding of nonprofit development
- Better aligned & informed development board/staff team
- Better understanding of your development strengths & growth opportunities
Step 2: Strategic Development & Marketing Planning
- Three Year Revenue History Compilation: With data that you provide, we compile a 3 year revenue history to inform your fundraising plan. We consider all of your development activities, events, applications and appeals and conduct an Return on Investment (ROI) analysis where appropriate.
- Comparable Organization/Program Revenue Review: We conduct a review of comparable organizations and programs to assess your revenue profile diversity from all revenue sectors and to identify particular prospect leads.
- Review of all Strategic Planning or other Fundraising Goal Related documentation: We review all of your existing and historic strategic planning and development goal materials to inform our work.
- Interviews with All Relevant Team Members: As is appropriate, we conduct interviews with all members of your board/staff development team to ascertain their perspective and interest in your team's development efforts.
- Preparation of a Comprehensive Fundraising Plan: We compile all of this information into a holistic and comprehensive fundraising plan which maps out a long term strategy and which includes immediate and achievable steps to get your team started today.
- A long-term vision of your development infrastructure and team
- A plan to increase your revenue portfolio's diversity and robustness
- Realistic revenue generation goals and long term growth targets
- Development resources that are well matched with development activities
- Achievable steps to move forward that are based on your long-term vision
- Clear roles and responsibilities of your full board/staff team
- You need a fundraising plan in place to achieve your development goals.
- You want your development efforts to build upon your revenue history.
- You need your full team to participate in your development success.
Step 3: Project Implementation
NextStep's Approach Tools & Services:
We customize projects based on your needs using our Healthy & Holistic Model for Nonprofit Development in the following areas...
- Built and sustainable development and marketing infrastructure
- A stronger and more holistic development approach to your work
- Implemented projects, activities
- An empowered and appreciated development team that remains energized throughout the process